This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

can not find entry point to function

3 replies to this topic

felixmat

felixmat
  • Full Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 26 October 2007 - 16:31

Hi

I am running across this error during an installation. I have basically defined a custom action in the project which calls a dll function "getClusterInfoTwo" (defined as a the standard dll) within a dll file called xxxx.dll. I have exported the function within the xxxx.def file in my project.

Any ideas on whether I am missing something else?

Thanks!

Attached Images

• clustererr1.JPG

mpento

mpento
  • Full Members
  • 38 posts

Posted 26 October 2007 - 21:15

Hello,

It sounds like you did all the right stuff (.def file for exports as opposed to relying on compiler exports, etc.)

I am sure you know this, but, maybe asking will jog something else to get you to your solution:

1. You paid attention to case when calling the function in your CA? (I know, it's stupid, but I had to ask ...)

2. I am sure you already tried this, but, did you take a look at your DLL using dependency walker or a similar tool to make sure that you are calling it correctly?

Again, these are dumb questions, but, sometimes they lead to something more useful.

Hope this helps.

Thanks,
Mike
Michael J. Pento

Independent InstallShield Contractor
mjpento@NO_SPAM.comcast.net

felixmat

felixmat
  • Full Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 26 October 2007 - 22:03

Hello Michael

Yes I did check 1. but I have not tried 2.
I have seen several posts regarding dependency walker. I have not used it b4, is that something from Macrovision as in is it used within IS?

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 29 October 2007 - 17:07

Freeware:
http://www.dependencywalker.com/

I think it also comes with Visual Studio.