This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

Need to pick up Setup File from Relative path

2 replies to this topic

sandeep

sandeep
  • Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 12 February 2004 - 03:50

Hi Folks,

I am using Installshield 6.2 . I have some files that go in the
"Setup Files". The way I can do it is to Right-Click and select the file in the path. But I want a way such that I have not to hard code my path , I have to make it use either relative path or use of an environment variable.
The "File Groups" does allow it by providing the "Dynamic Link" options. Is there any such option for "Setup Files"?

Is there any other way I can achieve it. Please help !

Thanks in advance,

Regards,
Sandeep !

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 12 February 2004 - 16:02

Moving this question to the InstallShield Professional 6 forum.

Xitch13

Xitch13
  • Members
  • 134 posts

Posted 13 February 2004 - 18:43

I don't believe there is an easy answer for you on this. The setup files in IS are actually just displayed from there physical location on the drive. When you added files there IS actually takes the file and copies it to it's own directory. (ie. \MySetp\Setup Files\Compressed Files\Language Independent\OS Independent <- just one of the folders it keeps setup files in)

You could start keeping what you need to include in there . Or have a batch file copy everything from your storage folder into the needed setup folder prior to every build.

HTH

There is great chaos under heaven, and the situation is excellent. (Mao Tse Tung)