This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

Problem packaging COM+ application

4 replies to this topic

Paperino61

Paperino61
  • Full Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 08 November 2007 - 17:29

Using Installshield 2008, we're trying to create a MSI that install a COM+ application.
In section Server Configuration\Component services we select the component we're interesting in.
When we try to build the package, we'd like to use the option "Compress all files" but, during the build this error occurs:
ISDEV : error -1501: Could not compress "..\..\input file name" into "..\...\outputfolder\Data1.cab"

Some help please?

Chiara

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 10 November 2007 - 13:02

Does an umcompressed build work?
What's the size of that file?

Paperino61

Paperino61
  • Full Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 12 November 2007 - 17:03

Hi Stephan thanks for Your answer; I try to explain better the problem

>Does an umcompressed build work?
An uncompressede build, seems to work

>What's the size of that file?
The size of the file is 53KB.

We have another problem with the package:

building it in uncompressed mode, we get a working MSI package but, after installed, when we uninstall it we can see the COM+ object (a DLL module) registered and undeleted.
Note that the uninstallation process doesn't report any error.

Thanks in advance
Any suggestion is welcome :-)

Chiara

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 13 November 2007 - 09:09

Maybe there's an access permission problem? Otherwise I this case I don't know what's going wrong.
Dd you look at KB article ERRDOC: Build Error 1501

Kelter

Kelter
  • Full Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 21 September 2011 - 23:27

I tried the workaround for cause #3 and it didn't work.

So how do I build my product on my build machine if this problem exists? This is really a critical bug, and IS has been ignoring it for years. If the path limitation is 172 and you subtract the length of a couple of GUIDs and the name of your project, and release, and the length of the word MergeModules, and a few more for the slashes, then in theory you can't build a project that includes merge modules from a path that's more than a few characters deeper than the drive root.

^groan^