This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

ExistsDir with Wildcards?

1 reply to this topic

magellan498

magellan498
  • Full Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 19 December 2013 - 20:48

Ok, so I'm admittedly a noob when it comes to installscript, so please bear with me. I've done quite a bit of searching around for a while now and really could use some direction...

I've got an installation which is requiring that I input some requirements into the wrapper with installscript. I've whittled it down to looking for folders on the system and if it finds the folders it'll kill the install. This is what's been giving me trouble. Can I use ExistsDir to look for folders with a wildcard? (eg. C:\\Program Files\\Fold*.*)

I'm not sure I'm even using the right thing but any assistance will be so very very greatly appreciated!!

Thanks guys.

Taco Bell

Taco Bell

IS6 Expert

• Moderators
  • 1,281 posts

Posted 20 December 2013 - 15:40

The ExistsDir function does not work with wildcards and instead needs a fully qualified path, so you need to look for each folder individually or rely on another breadcrumb (e.g. registry entry).

user posted image