This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

Please wait while windows configures

1 reply to this topic

avsmpn

avsmpn
  • Full Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 15 April 2010 - 12:19

When i try to open my application, before actually opening the application a window pops out with text "Please wait while windows configures" and does something. The popup will be similar to that of when one tries to open MS word in XP...

If continously cancel is clicked, then the application opens up but still this behavior is annoying.

This happens both during a upgrade and fresh installation. I assume something went wrong with my MSI file.

Can anybody tell when above mentioned problem occurs?
The reasons for this problem and how to address such issue?

Zweitze

Zweitze
  • Full Members
  • 522 posts

Posted 16 April 2010 - 10:21

Your problem occurs when your installation has components, and those components have key files - which may be actual files, folders or registry keys.
Every time some program accesses a key file which is not present, Windows relays control to the Windows Installer, which executes a repair to install the missing files and registry keys.

To address the problem, the eventlog contains messages identifying the component whose key file was missing.
A common reason is that user A installed the package system wide, although the package has components for the current user. When user B logs in, the components for the current user are missing, so they are reinstalled.