This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

Debugging

2 replies to this topic

fvandael

fvandael
  • Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 27 September 2002 - 16:15

I'm not able anymore to debug one specific project. After clicking Debug Setup and the disappearance of the progress bar no debug windows open while the _INS576._MP process uses 100% CPU. This continues for minutes without any change. The project is correctly compiled and built so... any clues ?

Thanks

Filip

Blake Miller Wonder

Blake Miller Wonder
  • Members
  • 121 posts

Posted 30 September 2002 - 20:04

Clean out your windows TEMP folder and also make sure no instances of the setup.exe are stuck in memory.
Also, make sure, I think it is calld setup.dbg, that the file exits after your build.
Blake Miller @ Wonderware

jasongibbons

jasongibbons
  • Full Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 18 November 2002 - 10:37

I also had this same problem, but clearing out the windows temp folder didn't work.  My fix may be particular to my installation, but here goes anyway.

I had a #include of a supplementary .rul file at the top of my setup.rul, and that secondary .rul file #included a c-type header file.  By moving the include of the header into setup.rul (and removing it from the supplementary .rul) and moving the include of the supplementary .rul file to the bottom of setup.rul, I was then able to debug.  I have no idea why that worked, nor whether it will help you, but there you have it.