This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

LaunchCondition error

4 replies to this topic

RMo

RMo
  • Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 02 March 2004 - 17:30

Hi I can not get the lunch condition to work properly.

If filling two properties with the appsearch table and that is all fine if I look into the msi log file. Depending on the availability of the file the property is there or not.

But when I try the following launchCondition:

Not VBFOUND AND OLDPRODUCTINSTALLED

it will not work sad.gif

I tried creating the properties in the propertytable with the value NULL and then tried the following condition:

VBFOUND="NULL" AND OLDPRODUCTINSTALLED<>"NULL"

I can not get this two work. If I try both properties separately it will work fine....

I am using isdev 7.0.4

Any ideas on how to get this working!!!

Thank, Raoul

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 03 March 2004 - 22:47

Of course that depends on your desired behaviour

Not VBFOUND AND OLDPRODUCTINSTALLED

This will evaluate to true (and therefore allow your setup to continue) if VB is not installed (VBFOUND is false) but only if also the old product is installed (OLDPRODUCTINSTALLED is set)

RMo

RMo
  • Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 04 March 2004 - 08:23

Thanks for the reply.

The wanted behaviour is:

stop when vb is not there and the oldproduct is installed. In all other circumstances the install may launch. I would have thought that:

Not VBFOUND and OLDPRODUCTINSTALLED did it....

The old app has to be uninstalled by calling the installer of that app. I did this in VB because it was simple and fast....

To get round this issue I wrote a console app to do this, so I am not dependend of the vb availability.

Raoul

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 04 March 2004 - 11:06

So you have to revert your condition - setup will stop if the launch condition evaluates to False.

So you could use:

Not (Not VBFOUND AND OLDPRODUCTINSTALLED)

which is equivalent to:

VBFOUND Or Not OLDPRODUCTINSTALLED

This will allow your setup to run if either VB is there or the old product is not installed. It will stop your setup if the old product is installed and VB isn't there.

RMo

RMo
  • Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 09 March 2004 - 11:49

Thanks that did the job.

Raoul