This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

Removing Existing Dialog Boxes from UI

4 replies to this topic

• 58 posts

Posted 28 January 2002 - 20:37

In project wizard, there are 5 dialog boxes.  I want to remove the last 3.

How do I do this from an existing project?  Going through the wizard will not let me do this and any book that I have doesn't help me out.

Can anyone explain this in detail on how to remove the last 3 dialog boxes (Customer Info, Setup Type and Ready To Install) from the install.

Thanks for the help.

moverton

moverton
  • Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 29 January 2002 - 11:28

Can you not just delete them from the UI Sequences?

Martin

• 58 posts

Posted 29 January 2002 - 14:05

That is my problem, I don't know how to do that.  I select that dialog I want to delete but then when I try to delete it, it will not let me do that at all.

Kurt Schneider

Kurt Schneider
  • Members
  • 98 posts

Posted 29 January 2002 - 16:10

Exactly what error message or behavior do you see when you try to remove the dialogs?  What view are you in when you try to remove the dialogs?  

I have removed CustomerInfo and SetupType out of everything I have ever done without a problem.  I usually just make sure that no other dialogs in my sequence ever call them up.  I also ensure that there aren't any sneaky behaviors in seldom used dialogs that could accidentally invoke the dialog I do not want to see.

Kurt Schneider

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 03 February 2002 - 08:49

You will have to adjust the bahaviour of the Next and Back buttons of the adjacent dialogs so the unwanted dialogs are not shown.