This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

Reading log file

2 replies to this topic

rekha

rekha
  • Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 17 September 2004 - 17:41

Hi,

I have two products that I created the same way except for some minor screen changes.

When I run these two products in user account: for one product i get the error message that I added saying that the installation cannot run since it is a user account. For the second product, i get a different error message from the windows installer saying that "The system administrator has set policies to prevent this installation."

In the install program, I could see any difference but when i checked the log files for these two products, one had

"MSI © (A0:3C): Running product '{7BE58827-D7A8-4D4E-B137-A54D7C32B0F5}' with user privileges: It's not assigned."

and for the other one it had

"MSI © (B4:00): Product {09D891D2-ECDE-4E8B-A9E9-17213A7C74B2} is admin assigned: LocalSystem owns the publish key."

How does this happen? Is there a way to change the second product like the first one.

Thanks
Rekha

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 17 September 2004 - 19:20

Did you test on a clean machine? At least change the product code. I suspect that remnants of a prevoius install are causing this problem. You could also try the msi cleanup utility.

rekha

rekha
  • Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 17 September 2004 - 19:58

That's true, the first product was in new install mode and the second one was in maintenance install mode (where the product is already installed). How to bypass the system policy and run my program? Are there any properties that I need to set?

Edited by rekha, 17 September 2004 - 19:58.