This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

Development Environments

1 reply to this topic

HappyGod

HappyGod
  • Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 04 December 2003 - 07:20

Hi,

I was just wondering what InstallSite readers opinions were about InstallShields features as opposed to Wise for Windows Installer.

I've found InstallShield can be a bit clunky when it creates it's components, tends to create uber-components with lots of files, and doesn't seem to offer the "re-scan advertising" function for components containing DLLs. It also seems to create error-packed MSIs (if left to its own devices of course).

As you may have guessed, I don't like InstallShield much...

Scott Willcocks

Scott Willcocks
  • Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 29 April 2004 - 11:02

and installshield admin studio only comes with US american language support as standard you have to pay for others.

transcript

me " does installshield admin studio 3.5 come with just american language support or does it come with other languages"

installshield "but it's an american product?"

me "so it doesn't come with the country of origins language support I buy the product in the UK and it still only comes with US language support"

installshield "yes "

me "so do I have to purchase a seperate language pack to get it to work in the country of origin that I purchased this product in?"

installshield " no you can go to installsite.org and download in is pro tools a uk language pack"

So in essense installshield are directing customers to download a third party developers software to get there software to do what it really should out of the box.

Unfortunately the program they directed me to doesn't run on my version of installshield.

Does wise installer come with UK or country of purchase language support or do i have to buy a language pack???