This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

Major Upgrade Order

2 replies to this topic

reflex

reflex
  • Members
  • 30 posts

Posted 20 October 2003 - 11:37

I have a product that upgrades 2 products.

Is there anyway I can set the order in which the products get removed as the 1 product cant uninstall after the other has already been uninstalled.

I have tried shifting the order in the Upgrade table but that doesnt achieve much.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Kind Regards

Peter.

reflex

reflex
  • Members
  • 30 posts

Posted 20 October 2003 - 17:24

Okay,

an answer to my own question, in case anyone else gets this error.

The Windows installer help is a bit ambiguous, it says the ActionProperty in the Upgrade table has to be unique, not so. If you share the same property then the product codes of the packages to be upgraded are just appended (the list is semi-colon delimited).

I used some vbscript to then change the order of the product codes in the Action property and this then changes the order in which the products are uninstalled.

Not a very pretty hack but effective nonetheless. If anyone wants me to post the vbScript then just ask and I will put it up...

Cheers

Reflex.

Glytzhkof

Glytzhkof
  • Moderators
  • 1,447 posts

Posted 09 November 2003 - 02:55

I am not sure I would trust this approach for future version of the windows installer engine...
Regards
-Stein Åsmul