This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

uninstall in Windows 2000

4 replies to this topic

vaqueros

vaqueros
  • Full Members
  • 53 posts

Posted 13 June 2001 - 16:21

In Windows 2000 when the Remove button is clicked on the ARP list, it runs "msiexec.exe /x{GUID}" only showing two screens.

I want for my program to display the "MaintenanceWelcome" screen when the Remove button is clicked under Win 2000.  This is no problem in Win 9x.  The thing is that I created a custom dialog in maintenance mode that I want ALL users to read before uninstalling the program.  How can I accomplish this?

(Edited by vaqueros at 10:18 pm on June 13, 2001)

Leigh Ravenhall

Leigh Ravenhall
  • Members
  • 269 posts

Posted 13 June 2001 - 23:36

The remove button is supposed to run a silent uninstallation of the product.  If you want the maintenance mode to run, they have to click on Change.

The way that I've been doing it for a while is to disable the remove button.  This forces the user to go through the maintenance dialogs to remove the product.

vaqueros

vaqueros
  • Full Members
  • 53 posts

Posted 14 June 2001 - 14:26

Yes, but if you disable the "Remove" button then the program is not listed in the ARP list in Win 9x.

Is there a way for the Remove button in W2K to run a normal uninstall?  Can it be modified to run "msiexec.exe /I {GUID}"?

Rayhawk

Rayhawk
  • Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 14 September 2001 - 18:36

I am having a similar issue and am wondering if you, or anyone, has a way around?
Basically, I need to force the UI sequence to run no matter what--I disabled the 'Remove' button, but the 'powers that be' don't like having a greyed-out button there . . . . is there any way to get the good old "change/remove" button back?
Our installs are for W2k+ only.
thx

vaqueros

vaqueros
  • Full Members
  • 53 posts

Posted 14 September 2001 - 19:20

In that case create a Custom Action to force the ARP to show only a Change/Remove button.  This will force the Maintenance to go into full mode.
CA should be:
Type: 51
Source: ARPNOREMOVE
Target: VersionNT >= 500

Put the CA on Execute sequence right before "Register Product". Sequence number should be 2775.