This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

function call crash

2 replies to this topic

akl

akl
  • Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 14 August 2005 - 17:36

I tried installing a program (DeLorme Street Atlas USA 2006) on two different computers, but in both cases I received just after successful copy of files
Error number 0x80040707
DLL function call crashed: ISRT._DoSprintf

The Internet brought up a couple of possible solutions, which all did not work: installing without any unneeded background tasks; insufficient hard disk space (mine is 6GB); starting InstallShield Setup using "%i" [guess the latter doesn't work because I cannot access the compile installation script]. This specific error was not yet discussed in this board.

I tried installing under Win XP both Home and Prof. with administrator privileges.

I would love being able to use the program on Sep. 1, so I beg for quick response.

Edited by akl, 14 August 2005 - 18:02.

akl

akl
  • Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 15 August 2005 - 15:10

Meanwhile I've got the solution from another forum: The DeLorme Setup program doesn't support languages other than English (US) and crashes otherwise. I switched to that state, and installation worked out fine. biggrin.gif

Justray

Justray
  • Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 05 November 2006 - 20:15

I also had problems with the error: 0x80040707 function DLL: ISRT. _DoSprintf, but with the program WinDVD Platinum Creator 2.

the solution is very simple, just as u said, if the software do not support other languages (spanish for me) it stops the install wizard or shield (I do not known the difference)
user posted image