This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

Component Transfer Error

3 replies to this topic

Lucky

Lucky
  • Members
  • 119 posts

Posted 18 July 2001 - 10:16

Hello,
During File Transfer of an IS 6.30 setup I get the following error message:

Component Transfer Error
Component: XYZ
File Group:
File:
Error: The filename, directory name or volume label syntax is incorrect.

My test constellation:
One setup contains three components, each of which contains one Installshield-object.
Each object contains one component with one file group, whose 'Target'-property is set via a variable, e.g <Basis1>. The value of this variable is set in the ..._Installing event of the component, like this: ComponentSetTarget(MEDIA, "<Basis1>", sPath).
Interestingly the error doesn't occur when I set the 'Target'-property to <TARGETDIR> in objects 2 and 3. In that case the method I described works.
Thanks a lot for your suggestions!

Ide Nentjes

Ide Nentjes
  • Members
  • 222 posts

Posted 18 July 2001 - 12:30

You have to make a call to ComponentSetTarget before the actual data-transfer starts. The ..._installing event are executed during the movement-fase, hence your calls to ComponentSetTarget come too late.

CU, Ide

Put ComponentSetTarget in the the OnMoving event and the errors should be gone.

PS: Here on InstallSite you can find maps with the exact timing of the events.

Lucky

Lucky
  • Members
  • 119 posts

Posted 18 July 2001 - 13:38

Thanks a lot! Using OnMoving worked! :-)

DonR

DonR
  • Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 21 December 2001 - 16:27

Encountered the same error message. I found that the original developer had altered the TARGETDIR inside of the OnMoved. I used the VarSave and VarRestore to keep the integrity of the TARGETDIR and the problem was resolved.