This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

Rollbacking after all the files got installed

4 replies to this topic

vikasagg

vikasagg
  • Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 17 December 2004 - 10:32

Hi!
I am new to installshiled. I am making InstallScript MSI project using Installshield Express ver 10.0 in which i have to rollback or uninstall all the installed components in onFirstUIAfter event, if there occurs any error in execution of a bat file.
I have tried with FeatureRemoveAll() function and also tried running idriver.exe with following cmdline \m{productCode}, but nothing is working, it is not removing all the installed files and folders.

Any Ideas how to achieve this .............

Thanks in advance........

Vikas Aggarwal huh.gif

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 18 December 2004 - 09:26

Try the keyword: abort
Which InstallShield version are you really using? As far as I know Express doesn't have the InstallScript MSI project type.

vikasagg

vikasagg
  • Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 22 December 2004 - 09:42

Hi stefan!,

Thanx for your help, i am using Installshield X professional edition 10.0, I have tried using abort in OnFirstUIAfter event but it is not removing the installed files and folders at that stage, could you suggest any other way to achieve this..

lots of thanx in advance,

vikas smile.gif

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 22 December 2004 - 10:13

I haven't used InstallScript MSI for a while, so I'm not sure. But in MSI generally a rollback only happens if you abort between InstallInitialize and InstallFinalize, that is before OnFirstUIAfter. I guess this limitation also applies to InstallScript MSI.

vikasagg

vikasagg
  • Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 24 December 2004 - 11:12

Hi stefan!

you are right!, i think it is the problem , i have tried by creating a custom action and putting it at different events , and before InstallFinalize event it is rollbacking, after that it is not.

stefan, I have tried using FeatureRemoveAll() and then FeatureTransferData(MEDIA) in FirstUIAfter() event to remove all the installed features if some error
occured in execution of an exe in FIRSTUIAfter() event, but it is also not working,

Is something is there i am missing , or if this can be achieved in different way, kindly let me know..

Thanx and regards,

Vikas smile.gif