This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

Modify CustomSetUp

1 reply to this topic

jonathan2002

jonathan2002
  • Members
  • 44 posts

Posted 02 October 2003 - 11:36

I have a project with several features, one of which is a sub-feature of another, and is default unselected. Whether or not the subfeature is selected has to be detected, because if so a particular dialog must be displayed in the installation sequence.

Installing and repairing works OK. However, when the user Modifies an installation that uses the subfeature, and tries to remove it, the dialog appears anyway.

I have added a messagebox to display the value of &LB (the feature name), and I find it is undefined at first, then has a value of 2 when I Back out and return to the dialog. The dialog shouldn't appear at all.

What I want is a condition based on &LB that will only be True when (1) the subfeature is first selected for install, and (2) if it selected during Modify, but (3) False otherwise.

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 03 October 2003 - 10:21

Try this:

&LB>2 Or (!LB>2 And Not (&LB<3 And &LB>0)

&LB>2 means "feature is currently not installed but will be installed"
!LB>2 means "feature is currently installed"
(&LB<3 And &LB>0) means "feature will be uninstalled"

In this I assume that "install local" and "run from source" mean "installed", and "absent" or "advertised" mean "not installed"