This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

Incompatible version of the RPC stub

9 replies to this topic

seaverill

seaverill
  • Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 03 November 2001 - 22:27

Whenever I try to install something with Installshield, I get the inital "Setup is preparing the installshield wizard" box, then when the progress bar finishes I get an Unhandled Exception  Error number:0x80070725
Description:Incompatible version of the RPC stub   Setup will terminate.  Sometimes it will leave Ikernel running and bog down the system.  I'm running Win98. This all of a sudden started happening. I've tryed deleting my commonfiles/installshield directory and cleaning the temp directory. I don't know WHAT is going on!

MSISupport

MSISupport
  • Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 14 November 2001 - 17:33

Good luck, it doesn't seem like any one is able to find a work around if you use Win98. You are much less likely to receive any  feedback too.

AC

nomad

nomad
  • Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 01 January 2002 - 01:14

i just ended up with the same problem. i'm looking for an answer myself. did you have any luck yet?

nomad@web-feat.com

geckz

geckz
  • Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 01 January 2002 - 02:06

I have the same problem, whenever I try to install anything.  Do you all have Win98? That might be our problem.  This really sucks.  I'll be working on it, post something here if you figure it out please.

FuNkYViNcE

FuNkYViNcE
  • Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 01 January 2002 - 08:42

i just had the same problem, and i found the solution.
u have to download and run this executable
http://download.micr...nloa....air.EXE

for more info on this problem ge here:
http://groups.google...ups?....eld.com

mansel

mansel
  • Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 02 January 2002 - 04:46

Hey FuNkYViNcE,  thank you so very much man for the fix.  I have a friend that needed some help with this file and I would just like to thank you for your help.

-mike-

Rigatoni

Rigatoni
  • Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 07 January 2002 - 23:38

Wow, thank you so much for this solution. Was looking all over the place for an answer to the RPC-problem and just about to reformat C-drive . Note: I had to overwrite the newer file versions by the old so the fix would work.  Rigatoni

lizardjimi

lizardjimi
  • Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 20 January 2002 - 22:14

Way to go Funkyvince. You don,t realise how much this Irishman is in your gratitude. You,re the bomb! Thanks to you as well Riga for that note about overwritin, with older version.  Funky  to paraphrase the great Lisa Simpson : " Whenever the wind blows I,ll hear the name Funkvince......................."
                    All the best folks and thanks again,
                                               Jack Kennedy.

MKB2004

MKB2004
  • Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 24 January 2002 - 01:59

Hey Funkyvince, I appreciate the site but for some odd reason the site wont work, I click on the link and nothing happens...any ideas?? I need to fix this RCP stub problem!!

FuNkYViNcE

FuNkYViNcE
  • Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 11 February 2002 - 01:49

Thanks for the replies!
I'm really glad this helped you

MKB2004, i dont know why the link doesnt work for you. Its a download on the microsoft site. The issue can come from your browser. If you can download .exe files beside this one, i really dont know.