This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

INSTALLLEVEL & IsReleaseFlags doesn't work

2 replies to this topic

ClydeMontreal

ClydeMontreal
  • Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 15 October 2003 - 16:45

I have tried to create an installation which will install certain feature packages based on types of CDKey. I have a DLL which can verify CDKey and return an integer value. The integer value will save in a variable called VALID. I created a form on which user can input the CDKey; on its next button, it calls the DLL to get the value for VALID, and based on VALID, on the same button event, a CA will be called and set the value of INSTALLLEVEL. Of course I have set different Install level for different features. But the install doesn't follow the new value of INSTALLLEVEL, it still installs the product based on the initial value of INSTALLLEVEL. I have tried to use release flags instead of INSTALLLEVEL, but it doens't work either. Thanks for your time to read and try to help.

Zweitze

Zweitze
  • Full Members
  • 522 posts

Posted 16 October 2003 - 09:05

How do you set INSTALLLEVEL?
Don't set the INSTALLLEVEL property directly, instead call MsiSetInstallLevel (or Session.SetInstallLevel). You should do so after the CostFinalize action.

ClydeMontreal

ClydeMontreal
  • Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 17 October 2003 - 19:05

Thank you Zweitze. Now the INSTALLLEVEL works. I am just wondering if you know how to change the contents in CustomSetup dialog ( This is only valid in InstallShield)? Seems it doesn't relate to INSTALLLEVEL...