This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

several questions

3 replies to this topic

chorinova

chorinova
  • Full Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 08 February 2015 - 21:34

Hello friends,

InstallShield 2010 my disposal and I want them several questions to see if I could help. I could use your help cool.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1) When my program is installed, how I can stop a Windows service installed?

2) When uninstalling my product, how I can restart the service stopped at the facility?

3) When my program is uninstalled, How I can detect if a file from my program is executed and if it is, kill him?

I would appreciate your responses.  thanks!!

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 12 February 2015 - 11:04

You can control services in the Service view (Installation Designer: System Configuration > Services).

Right click to add a service entry.

If you want to control an existing service, set "Enable Service Install" to No.

Under Control Settings click the green + sign to add an event

Expand the Operation Time node and set InstallStart to No and Install Stop to yes.

That should stop the service during install.

Add another event to start the serice during uninstall.

To kill a process go to Behaviour and Logic > Custom Actions and Sequences. Right click the Custom Actions root node and select New Kill Process. Then you need to add a property in Property Manager that specifies the process that should be killed. For details please see the help topic about the kill process custom action.

chorinova

chorinova
  • Full Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 12 February 2015 - 22:08

Hi Stefan Krueger, I appreciate your response

I use InstallShield 2010 Premier Edition and these options do not appear only in modern InstallShield.

How could I do it in InstallShield 2010?
I see on the main page InstallSite can adquirid InstallShield, you could spend a budget?

Furthermore, when I create a service from one of my files, then the service is not removed from the system, but if installed, have to schedule some scrip to have to remove that service?

Thank You

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 13 February 2015 - 17:53

Funlctionality to create, remove, start and stop services is also available in Component view under the advanced settings of the component.