This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

About Upgrade table

4 replies to this topic

MichaelU

MichaelU
  • Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 02 February 2002 - 12:19

For my installation I need to define the existence of any version of other product ( I know the Upgrade code of this product ). Can I use for this purpose the Upgrade table? ( by inserting known Upgrade code into UpgradeCode column, 0.00.0000 into VersionMin column). Or this table is only for upgrade own products? Unfortunately, MSI documentation have not an answer... May be it is need to use AppSearch table in this case? But AppSearch looks for a file, not for product...

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 03 February 2002 - 09:06

You can use the upgarde table (you can leave the version number field empty if you want to detect any version). You should use the "detect only" flag, else the detected product will be uninstalled.

MichaelU

MichaelU
  • Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 03 February 2002 - 13:40

Thanks, Stefan!
I tried to do it. But this approach works only for first time
installation, but did not work for next launch of my installation...

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 04 February 2002 - 06:55

Yes, that's correct. The upgrade table is only processed if the product is not yet installed.

MichaelU

MichaelU
  • Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 04 February 2002 - 14:02

It is very strange... Why this table is processed only one time? I found a long way to resolve my problem (see start message) using AppSearch, ÑompLocator tables, but I believe, that most elegant way is to use Upgrade table. But if WinInstaller can only one time processing this table...