This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

copy files to a different location? StreamFileFromBinary?

4 replies to this topic

jackwu

jackwu
  • Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 19 May 2001 - 01:29

i need to use a CA to read the netscape plugin directory from the registry and then copy some installed files from TARGETDIR to that directory.

the XCopyFile always fails. looks like the script could not find the file although the action was placed just before InstallFinalize.

i guess the file was not available in TARGETDIR at the time of script execution, so i tried to use the sample script: StreamFileFromBinary.  but how do you insert the files into the binary table? what do you suppose to input in the data field of that table? any experience?

Thanks.

jack.

jackwu

jackwu
  • Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 19 May 2001 - 02:13

Actually the installed files are there if i use deferred actions. but in the script, i don't have TARGETDIR value any more.

i will have to use a normal action to write the TARGETDIR into registry and then use deferred action to move the files. Is there are better way of doing this?

Thanks.

jack

Ian Blake

Ian Blake
  • Members
  • 483 posts

Posted 21 May 2001 - 09:12

Take a look at the Directory, AppSearch and RegLocator tables.  I am not sure if you need any CAs at all to find a directory and install a component into it.

jackwu

jackwu
  • Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 21 May 2001 - 18:58

You are right. i found the solution from InstallShield KB. Document ID: Q102794. it tells you how to use AppSearch, Reglocator and Directory table to do that.

Thanks.

jack.