This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

MultyInstance, change ProductName in a runtime

1 reply to this topic

SergeyP

SergeyP
  • Full Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 03 November 2008 - 12:58

Hi guys, I need change ProgramName in runtime to distinguishable instances in "Add or Remove Programs".
I added new editor in "General Information" dialog, linked it to ProgramName property. Also I added the same property to all instances with some static values.
Then I run installation, change ProgramName value in "General Information" dialog. Install, go to the "Add Remove Programs". Installed application registered with static pre-defined static name, not with name I've entered in a runtime.
So, what I should to to have application installed with name, entered in a runtime?

PS
InstallShield2009 Professional, Basic MSI project.

Edited by SergeyP, 03 November 2008 - 13:03.

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 12 November 2008 - 12:21

You can't use properties there. Are you using instance transforms? Or product configurations? Or do you manually change the product name for each build?

If using product configurations: you can specify a product name and product code for each configuration. These will override the default settings. You can also specify flags to filter features. This would enable you to create for example a "Professional" and a "Standard" version of your product from the same InstallShield project.