This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

Self-Registering Files

2 replies to this topic

arfinsd

arfinsd
  • Members
  • 28 posts

Posted 01 August 2002 - 17:27

Hey All,

I have a project in which I need to self register files. When I add the files statically, set them as key files, and choose the self-register option under properties....everything is installed fine and my program runs.

I would like to add the files 'dynamically', and if I choose the self-register option there....the files are not self-registering properly. After the files are installed, my program fails...and if I run regsvr32.exe from the command line to register the files....the program works. Something seems hokey with the dynamic file linking & self-registration process. I even ported my project back to IS 6.33 and set all of the files to link dynamically & to self-register, and it works fine. So my questions are:

Does anybody know of any issues with this in IS Developer 7? Has anybody else experienced this?
Is there anyway to use the 'Extract at Build' with dynamically linked files?

Help.

Alex
Alex Ferguson
www.SolimarSystems.com

KerryGinn

KerryGinn
  • Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 05 August 2002 - 15:44

Regarding any issues:   I recall seeing a tip somewhere, perhaps in the help manual. For dynamically added files to be self-registered, there must be a (statically added) key file present in the same component.

I don't use dynamically added self-registering files so I have not encountered your problem.  I'm merely guessing here.

paulking

paulking
  • Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 05 August 2002 - 16:16

I've used dynamic file links with self registering files, and they work OK without having to set a key file.

But there have been a couple of times where I've checked the dynamic file links and self-registering was showing "No", even though I'm pretty sure I set it to "Yes" - it might be worth re-checking them.

Paul