This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

icons for multiple shortcuts pointing to same exe

2 replies to this topic

LrngToFly

LrngToFly
  • Full Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 27 September 2005 - 14:30

Hi all-

I'm having an issue where multiple shortcuts pointing to the same .exe don't all show the icon.

I have two shortcuts in my Start Menu and two more on the Desktop. The difference between the two are their command line parameters. The parameter is working just fine... However, only for one of the 4 shortcuts does the icon show properly! The other three just show a generic icon.

I've deleted and recreated the shortcuts and rebuilt the package- that didn't help. The last shortcut I create "gets" the icon- the rest get a generic one.

Anyone have any ideas? I'm using Installshield 10.5

Thanks much! Andy

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 06 October 2005 - 13:00

Is the tarbet exe on the local machine or on the network? Are these advertised shortcuts?

LrngToFly

LrngToFly
  • Full Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 06 October 2005 - 14:05

Thanks for replying- I was able to figure out the problem.

I didn't realize that a single ico files can contain multiple icons in them- 16x16, 32x32 etc. So the ico files in question had the basic window icon for 16x16 and had the icon I wanted as it's 32x32. So it showed up fine on the desktop, but not in the Start menu.

Doh... I learned something though...!

Thanks again...