This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

HELP! Strange auto-repair launch activity

2 replies to this topic

kokleong98

kokleong98
  • Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 17 October 2003 - 11:38

Hi, everyone!

I have face some problem with my installation that I have developed using MSI package, which contain ActiveX control cabinet file. I have successfully get my installation run without any problem but every time I launch my web page that using the ActiveX control packed in cab file will cause the auto repair function fired. I can't figure what really the cause, hopefully someone of you can help me on this problem. Thank you very much.

anieuwland

anieuwland
  • Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 27 October 2003 - 02:10

Have a look in EventViewer to see which component is missing and is triggering the repair.

A

Glytzhkof

Glytzhkof
  • Moderators
  • 1,447 posts

Posted 17 November 2003 - 10:42

Components with no files pointing to empty or non-existing folders can trigger self-repair. This is beacuse the folder itself becomes the key "file" of the component if nothing else is added to the component and Windows Installer tends to delete empty directories.

Empty directories should be added to the CreateFolder table in your MSI installation database.
Regards
-Stein Åsmul