This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

Logging file comparison info in Installscript proj

1 reply to this topic

jimlocke

jimlocke
  • Full Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 14 May 2008 - 23:05

I am trying to create a log file showing files that get installed during an Installshield run, and mention version, date, and maybe some other information.

It seems this is difficult to do in a pure Installscript project.
Our installer is Installscript because we want some additional flexibility beyond an MSI flavor.

Q:

How can I either acquire the file version of a file within the source MEDIA (.cab file), or specify a folder -other than the TARGETDIR- to copy it to?

I'd either like to:

Compare (version of file in media with version of file already on system), OR
Copy file from MEDIA to temporary location, and compare against file already on the system.

From what I see:
- CopyFile and XCopyFile both copy from folder A to folder B, but not from MEDIA to a folder.
- FeatureMoveData does this transfer, but appears to only transfer the file to the target location.
I need to be able to keep a copy of the file within the MEDIA and the file on the system to do the version or time compare.

If anyone has run into anything that would do this, I would much appreciate it.

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 19 May 2008 - 19:46

You could change the TARGEDIR resp. INSTALLDIR and use FeatureMoveData.
The build report should list all files in the package with their version.