This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

problems with dialogs under w98

2 replies to this topic

lalexander

lalexander
  • Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 12 January 2004 - 12:28

hi all,

when I execute my setup under W2K, WXP or WNT4 everything works fine. But when I start it under W98 I got following problems with the user interface. The featurelist of the FeatureDialog will not be shown ( everthing else are shown correctly (like free disk space, destination folder)).

The second problem was, that I made a custom dialog for my uninstalltion. It works great under W2K, WXP and WNT4 as I already mentioned above, but under W98 I alway got an Error when the dialog should open. (EzDefineDialog call is OK, but on the first WaitOnDialog call I got (-1) ... an errormessage))

have anybody an idea why I have this problems and what I can do to prevent them.

thanks
alex

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 12 January 2004 - 16:45

Which tool are you using, and if InstallShield Developer or DevStudio: which project type?

timbuktu

timbuktu
  • Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 02 August 2004 - 15:01

Hello,

I face the exactly same problem. I am using DevStudio 9.0 SP 1 engl. on an Win XP machine and an Install Script Project. On Win 98 systems none of the features is displayed in the dialogs FeatureDialog, SdFeatureDialog or SdFeatureDialog2.

Has anybody found a solution?

Thanks in advance

Frank