This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

Registry

1 reply to this topic

Lakshmi Sailaja

Lakshmi Sailaja
  • Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 02 March 2004 - 10:44

Hi,

I have used InstallShield Developer Version 8.02. I am using InstallScript MSI Project to develop my setup application. I need to write some registry entires using script. Hence, I used RegDBSetKeyValueEx to set the value into the registry. But this registry entry is being created under Wow6432 node. Instead I want it to be written in the normal 64-bit portion of the registry. I have also tried using the normal winapi function RegSetValueEx. This works for 32-bit but is not working for 64-bit.
Please let me know how can I achieve my task. Please help me as this is really urgent.

Regards,
Lakshmi.

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 03 March 2004 - 22:32

(moved the question to the proper forum)

The InstallScript engine that executes your code is 32 bit. I think that 32-bit processes can't access to 64 bit part of the registry.

Maybe you can use the registry view, so that MSI will generate the key? (You can use a property that you first set in your script)