This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

Boot during the installation

3 replies to this topic

guyjoules

guyjoules
  • Full Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 19 January 2008 - 21:43

Hi.

I need to register some files during the installation.
In order to do so, I need to install the registration program and boot before I can use it. This means that I need to do a reboot during the installation and continue after the user has rebooted.

Now, what is the best way to do this?

My thoughts were installing the registration file and onFirstAfter 1) run it, 2) write <path>\setup.exe with commandline "continue_from_here" in the RunOnce and 3) do a reboot.
When the system loads, setup.exe will run again and onBegin() there will be more actions to perform and it finishes, quit the installer.

Is there a better implementation to do it? Is there a function that, once I've implement it, will run automatically after boot???

something like this -

function onBegin()
begin
if (CMDLINE % continue_from_here)then
// do some actions here and quit after
Quit( .... );
endif;

// else, continue as usual
end;

function onFirstAfter()
begin
Launch(....exe);
RegSetData(RUNONCE, "..setup.exe continue_from_here")
SdReboot(..)
end;

Glytzhkof

Glytzhkof
  • Moderators
  • 1,447 posts

Posted 20 January 2008 - 10:57

First of all: are you using MSI?
Regards
-Stein Åsmul

guyjoules

guyjoules
  • Full Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 20 January 2008 - 22:44

No, this is pure InstallScript.

VBScab

VBScab
  • Full Members
  • 436 posts

Posted 20 February 2008 - 09:35

I think your post belongs in one of the forums on this page
- Don't know why 'x' happened? Want to know why 'y' happened? ProcMon will tell you.
- Try using http://www.google.com before posting.
- I answer questions only via forums. Please appreciate the time I give here and don't send me personal emails.