This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

entire registry key is deleted

4 replies to this topic

hsong3

hsong3
  • Members
  • 89 posts

Posted 08 January 2004 - 23:20

hello

this is the senario

(1) i have 2 applications which share one registry key.

SOFTWARE\\HH

(2) one of this application creates the registry key during runtime.
(i use property to store this value from user than use it to name the key)

SOFTWARE\\HH\\[USER_INPUT]

the problem is that if i delete this application, registry key "HH" is also removed.
therefore my second application is failed to work. i can not separate the key (one key for each application: such as "HH1" and "HH2".

how can i delete this registry without removing the hole key??

hsong3

hsong3
  • Members
  • 89 posts

Posted 09 January 2004 - 16:03

i am using installshield 7.4 basic project. is it suitable to use uninstall.dll?? because from the sample script description, it does not seem to work with IS7

thank you

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 10 January 2004 - 14:53

When you right click that key in registry view, which type is it? It should be "automatic".

hsong3

hsong3
  • Members
  • 89 posts

Posted 12 January 2004 - 15:29

yes, it is set to automatic.

however, when i uninstall my application, registry does not get deleted.
I have tested this and found out that when i use a property that changes dynamically, such as INSTALLDIR, registry does not get deleted.
(unless when i change "automatic" to "Uninstall entire key (-)" but this will remove the shared registry)

but if i use a property with static value, such as "c:/program files/temp", registry value gets removed.

Stefan, is there any other way to clear this shared registry without using uninstall.dll??

thank you

hsong3

hsong3
  • Members
  • 89 posts

Posted 13 January 2004 - 15:16

never mind... i have figured out the way to do this without using uninstall.dll

i wrote msi script then create CA to update this property, [USER_INPUT]. then like Stefan says, make sure it is set to "automatic"

thank you!!