This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

InstallScript Problem

5 replies to this topic

Tony Micheletti

Tony Micheletti
  • Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 30 July 2001 - 18:13

Whenever I try and run my InstallScript (currently I have it set to do absolutely nothing, its just begin and end), I always get an error saying that the installation was interrupted.  I was able to run InstallScripts fine a couple of days ago.  Does anyone have any ideas on how to fix this or is this just another lovely bug with InstallShield?

Kate

Kate
  • Members
  • 61 posts

Posted 31 July 2001 - 00:28

does it compile correctly?

Tony Micheletti

Tony Micheletti
  • Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 31 July 2001 - 16:00

Yes, it compiles fine and when I made a new project and tried to insert the InstallScript it worked fine.

Leigh Ravenhall

Leigh Ravenhall
  • Members
  • 269 posts

Posted 01 August 2001 - 01:35

Run the msi with full logging, see how far the installation gets before it encounters an error.

Dave I

Dave I
  • Members
  • 195 posts

Posted 01 August 2001 - 11:36

This is an bug with the InstallShield Script engine, its happen to me on numerous occasions and is erratic to say the least.  

Basically the script engine crashes, your installscript will still compile in the IDE but as soon as it comes across a CA written with installscript in will just quit the install with "Setup interupted."

The problem is specific to InstallScript CA's so if its a small project you could use a dll or C to write your CA, but I know myself this is not always practical.

Search "Script Engine" in the Newsgroup Archive: http://isnews.nextpa...news....n-j.htm for more info.

The solution seems to be deleting the Program Files\Common\InstallShield folder and then running Repair from Add/Remove Programs to re-register the engine.

While getting it working your probably better creating a blank setup with an InstallScript CA prompting MessageBox and then step-through see if that helps.

Dave.

Tony Micheletti

Tony Micheletti
  • Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 01 August 2001 - 17:37

Thanks guys for your help.  I found a way to get around using the InstallScript to get my task accomplished.