This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

Problem in Upgrade

3 replies to this topic

vikasagg

vikasagg
  • Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 26 January 2005 - 17:23

Hi!
I am using Installshield Express ver 10.0, during uprgrade i am adding some new files, i am changing the Package code and version of product , but the new files are not getting installed , moreover if i uninstall the setup it is not uninstalling it properly leaving program folder intact.

any idea whats is the problem ...
How can i forcefully initiate uninstall first and then re-install or is it possible or not.

thanks in advance

vikas

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 27 January 2005 - 12:07

InstallShield Express doesn't have the "InstallScript MSI" project type. If you are using MSI with Express then it's a Basic MSI project. Is this correct?

How do you install the update? As a Major Upgrade, or as a Minor Upgrade by reinstaling the product (which command line parameters are you using?), or using a QuickPatch project?
How can i forcefully initiate uninstall first and then re-install
That would be a Major Upgrade. Change the Product Code and add an entry to Upgrade Paths in the Express IDE.

vikasagg

vikasagg
  • Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 27 January 2005 - 17:30

Hi!
I am using Installshield Express ver 10.0 , it has Installscript Msi Project as well as Installshield basic Msi Project. I am using Installscript Msi project.

I was doing a minor upgrade, mistake i was doing was whenever i have to make setup i was deleting the components and adding new components as i have to make setup with newly build dlls having different versions..

so it was copying the dlls to destination directory and also adding them to GAC but not overwriting the already present dlls in GAC and does not uninstall properly.

but when i tried with only replacing the files in components,not deleting them , it is replacing the dlls in GAC but not copying files to the destination directory, they still have same old version(assembly version)in destination directory.

The uninstallation is going properly now but now problem is why it is not copying/overwriting the files to destination directory although they are of different version( The Assembly Version is different but the File version is same of all dlls. Is it the problem?? Any Idea.........)

For adding new files i think i have to create new feature and add through that???

Thanks .....

vikas

vikasagg

vikasagg
  • Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 27 January 2005 - 18:07

Hi!,

I have tried by having file version and asembly version different for a dll, now upgradation is occuring successfully, it is both upgrading in GAC as well as destination folder...

it was a silly mistake i was doing, Apologies:

regards

Vikas : smile.gif