This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

Out of Space Notification When Plenty Available!

2 replies to this topic

Superfreak3

Superfreak3
  • Full Members
  • 437 posts

Posted 24 February 2005 - 14:51

I have a puzzling problem here. We have a user that is loading an update to our software on an NT machine. The previous version was installed using WI 2.03. The current update was created using Developer 8, if these facts matter at all.

Anyway, our install requires roughly 80-150MB of free space on the C:\ drive (System files). The majority of our application (db's and .exe's) is placed on this user's E:\ drive, which requires that roughly 850 MB are free. They have plenty of space there as well.

The user has roughly 800 MB of free space on the C:\ drive, which is well in excess of the 150 MB required, but the install is still displaying the Out of Disk Space dialog. In addition to that, there are no drives displayed in this dialog.

If they clear some additional space on the C:\ drive, the install will eventually proceed.

This user has a special User Interface stream in that the process basically displays the Welcome Screen then the Ready to Install dialog. Am I skipping over some type of costing or something of that nature that may be causing this problem.

I'm in a bind over this one.

As always, ANY help is GREATLY APPRECIATED!

Thanks!!!!!

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 25 February 2005 - 20:51

Does a verbose log file give any hints?

Superfreak3

Superfreak3
  • Full Members
  • 437 posts