This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

feature change to advertise when upgrade

3 replies to this topic

kca

kca
  • Full Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 10 May 2004 - 13:14

Hi
I have a problem with one, and only one feature.
I do a complete install and all seems to be okay.
Then I upgrade with a newer version.
But the feature documentation now shows up as advertised if I look in the "controlpanel\add remove programs"
in the log file the state is now advertise:
MSI (s) (10:78): Feature: Documentation; Installed: Advertise; Request: Reinstall; Action: Reinstall
If I try a remove all, the files in Feature Documentation are left back.

But the Advertised property for all features in IS is "Disallow Advertise"
Any Idea?

Thanks

Kim

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 10 May 2004 - 13:23

Looksn like you broke the component rules, e.g. removed a component or changed the component GUID. (This could be a component in a merge module)

kca

kca
  • Full Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 10 May 2004 - 13:50

I looked in the second log file(the one from the upgrade) and found these lines:
MSI © (14:D0): SELMGR: ComponentId '{AE770CA0-D979-4DEA-97A5-A3A35FC53384}' is registered to feature 'Documentation', but is not present in the Component table. Removal of components from a feature is not supported!
MSI © (14:D0): SELMGR: Removal of a component from a feature is not supported

the component state in the log file is ok.
MSI (s) (10:78): Component: Documentation; Installed: Local; Request: Null; Action: Null

The feature only contains the component Documentation

I´ve searched the msi file with Orca for that GUID, but it does not exists?

I use the the "previous Package" path optimazation. Shouldn´t prevent that kind of problems if I change the GUID code?

Kim

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 11 May 2004 - 12:21

Did you search the old or the new msi file? It looks liek this component GUID existed in the old version and has been removed in the new version.