This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

missing files and folders on installation

8 replies to this topic

jasonVIS

jasonVIS
  • Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 20 July 2004 - 18:23

My project consists of 3 features and each feature has the tree structure of files and folders that need to be installed with their destination paths. The problem is that 1 of the the features just doesn't seem to install, except for the the root folder, but none of the files are placed in that folder.

any thoughts on this?

thanks,
Jason

Glytzhkof

Glytzhkof
  • Moderators
  • 1,447 posts

Posted 21 July 2004 - 12:24

Off the top of my head: check that the INSTALLLEVEL For that feature is not set higher than the INSTALLLEVEL the application is running with. Have you put a condition on the feature itself or on any components that don't evaluate to true? Are there any files in those components? Did you search the system to see if the files are installed somewhere else where yuo don't expect them?
Regards
-Stein Åsmul

jasonVIS

jasonVIS
  • Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 21 July 2004 - 20:01

I have no conditions set, the install levels are all the same and after the "install" those files are no where else on the machine...totally baffled as to why this is happening.

thanks,
Jason

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 21 July 2004 - 22:52

Are the missing features mentioned in the uninstall log file (.ilg)?

jasonVIS

jasonVIS
  • Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 22 July 2004 - 20:55

where would I find/look at this log file?

Glytzhkof

Glytzhkof
  • Moderators
  • 1,447 posts

Posted 22 July 2004 - 23:41

http://www.installsi...ifaq/a/1022.htm
Regards
-Stein Åsmul

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 23 July 2004 - 08:34

Glytzhkof's reply applies to MSI projects.
For InstallScript projects you use the InstallShield Log File Viewer. The .ilg file can be found at C:\Program Files\InstallShield Installation Information\{your product GUID}. Note that InstallShield Instalaltion Information is a hidden folder.

Glytzhkof

Glytzhkof
  • Moderators
  • 1,447 posts

Posted 23 July 2004 - 09:20

This "view active topics" feature is great, but I always end up messing up the project types huh.gif

Edited by Glytzhkof, 23 July 2004 - 09:20.

Regards
-Stein Åsmul

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 23 July 2004 - 09:23

Yes, unfortunately there's no way to filter it.