This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

Error when building Patch

4 replies to this topic

Kate

Kate
  • Members
  • 61 posts

Posted 11 July 2001 - 00:24

I'm new to this whole patch business so bear with me...

I keep getting "Patch API could not create a small patch; using whole upgraded file."

I'm using a test project and all I've done between version 1.0 and version 1.1 is add a text file to an existing component, upgrade the version number and change the package ID.

Has anyone gotten this before? I'm hoping I'm just making a common newbie error. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

rflum

rflum
  • Full Members
  • 40 posts

Posted 29 August 2001 - 14:21

This is more of a notification than an error.  It just means that for some reason ISWI couldn't use only the bits representing the difference between the first and second versions of one of your project files (the existing ones), or if this warning comes with the text file you added, it's because there's no previous version, so the whole file is "different", and must be used in its entirety.  There's also an option in the Patch Wizard to use the whole file when patching, but I assume you didn't select that option.

Kate

Kate
  • Members
  • 61 posts

Posted 06 September 2001 - 00:31

That indeed was the problem. Thanks!

MarcoP

MarcoP
  • Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 11 January 2002 - 17:26

I got the same problem... And I didnt check that option. Any ideas why the error message remains?

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 18 January 2002 - 22:09

Sometimes, especially for small files, a binary diff would actually be larger than the whole file.