This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

How to create relative path

3 replies to this topic

PremaVV

PremaVV
  • Full Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 18 July 2007 - 13:17

Hi,

I'm new to Installshield. Can anyone help me how to use Relative path?
I have to link source files from Clearcase, which will different for each machine.

I'm using Basic MSI.

It's quite urgent please.....

Regards,
Prema

Edited by PremaVV, 18 July 2007 - 13:18.

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 18 July 2007 - 18:05

On your build machine: Instead of fixed paths you can use path variables that can be populated from a registry entry or an environment variable, so it can be different on each machine.

PremaVV

PremaVV
  • Full Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 19 July 2007 - 08:26

Hi,

Thanks for the reply.

Right now i'm using path variables, InstallShield assigns path variables (such as PATH_TO_DEBUG_FILES and PATH_TO_RELEASE_FILES) to the files included in a project.

Since we are using Rational ClearCase, these path variables don't completely solve the problem of location-dependence, b'coz the build happens in differet parts of the wolrd. At the moment, what we have to do is check out the .ism file each time and twiddle a path variable to point to the task folder.
What we need, is for all files references to be relative to the task folder, and therefore not have to check out the IS project eacg time.

I want to link the files like ..\..\..\CS2nsd\core\component.

Please tell me if it is possible, if yes, I need the exact steps to do it. I have already wasted couple of days on investigaitng this.

Regards,
prema

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 20 July 2007 - 11:25

I don't think it's possible to move up the directory tree using path variables. I think the root is the project file.