This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

major upgrade doesn't work

1 reply to this topic

yh2

yh2
  • Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 07 June 2006 - 07:14

i have some problems with the major upgrade. i want the upgrade to uninstall the current version and then install the new version. i'm using major upgrade.

1. when i change the product code, there is no uninstall+install. after upgrade i find 2 products: the old version and the new one.
i want only the new vresion to be installed after upgrade, how can i achieve that?

2. when i don't change the product code and the installation package is msi, with double click on the msi, upgrade is not possible. but when the installation package is setup.exe upgrade is possible. i want to use msi, ca i? how?
3. when i don't change the product code and the installation package is msi i can launch the upgrade through command line (msiexec /i name reinstallmode=vomus) but not with double click on the msi file. is it possible?

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 07 June 2006 - 08:31

To perform a Major Upgrade you need to change the ProductCode. In addition, you need to add a row to the Upgrade table, and make sure the standard actions such as FindRelatedProducts and RemoveExistingProducts are in your InstallExecute sequence.