This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

MSDE 2000 Merge Modules ?!

1 reply to this topic

calenkl

calenkl
  • Members
  • 42 posts

Posted 27 November 2002 - 08:16

Dear All,

i encountered some problems during adding the merge modules for MSDE 2000 into my installation project. The source of these MM for MSDE 2K is from SQL 2K SP 2 CD.
There are about 24~25 MM for MSDE 2K.

So, i just add 'em into my project (using ISWI 2.03) and build for the package, 4 warnings raised to say that there are duplicates found on my SEM.msm, two SEMNT.dll & SEMNT.rll was found in this MM.

Can anyone tell me how can i solve this ? i tried to open the MSM with Orca, both SEMNT.dll having the same version, but is in different Component. And this applies to SEMNT.rll as well.

anyone has had this problem b4 ? mind to share ?
    THANX !  
:(  :(  ???  ???

sijmen

sijmen
  • Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 02 December 2002 - 00:41

Anoying, isn't it.

I had the same problem adding the MSDE2K to my install.  The end result was that they can be ignored.  If you compile your build into a single exe release, then the warnings don't occur.

If you want more information about the warnings, then you can search the InstallShield Developer 7 newsgroups.  I have added the some responses which I received about the subject below:

Hi,

in my opinion, that is not the error!

The error is generated at build time!

When you look after the build in your final MSI-Database, you will see in file-table two components with the same DLL.
These DLL's are part of the MSDE-MM.
I think at build-time, for every component with files a entry is made in this table and the file is copied to Disk1-Folder.
Now when the second component is inserted and his file is copied, a warning is generated.
This is a little bug in the Developer-Build-Process.

I hope, that Joshua from Installshield read this.

We have also discuss this error under the link
see

regards

klaus

These warnings are harmless.

I see them in my project when I build an uncompressed release of the installer. When I build the same project, but a compressed release, I don't get the error.

(Why build an uncompressed release? With >150MB of files to collect, it's much faster to skip having to compress them all.)

Joshua's response in the other thread is irrelevant, as the MSMs in question are the 25 MSMs that make up MSDE 2000, and we really shouldn't have to /cannot determine where the files come from.

Drew Liscomb

I hope this helps.

Regards,
Sijmen.