This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

help- add dialog, custom install, run exe's

2 replies to this topic

Adam

Adam
  • Members
  • 107 posts

Posted 24 April 2002 - 01:22

ok here is my problem.

I have a setup that shows the following, welcome, license, install dir, and finish.

Im now tasked to add the page where you can select components of the install, now that there are more apps and options. (you know, the typical,custom ones)

1. how do i add that dialog to the setups?
2. I have 3 redistributables, acrobat reader, doxygen, graphviz. All 3 are external setups. Is there any way i can have a section in the above "custom setup" that would allow them to select all 3 of the installs?

Right now i have msg boxes poppingup at the end of install, asking if they wish to install, each one.

there use to only be 1 redist that was on the final page, with a checkbox. Now that they have added 2 more ive been asked to see if there is anyway the can not have the popup boxes.

im so lost.
help please.

BlueMan

BlueMan
  • Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 29 April 2002 - 13:28

hi adam,

1.) you can add this window if you create a new installshield,
but i think thats not the way you want use. but i'm sorry 'cause i dont know another "way" or better choice.
2.) you can start these installations via the "LaunchAppAndWait()"-function, but acrobat etc. may have something like a copyright, so you can implement an info screen where you "write down" that is usefull to install these programms.
i know in some other programms its possible to install acrobat, but  i think that they have a licence or something like this for installing it.
i know i'm not the "big" help you expected, sorry  :D

greetz blueman

Taco Bell

Taco Bell

IS6 Expert

• Moderators
  • 1,281 posts

Posted 29 April 2002 - 15:16

Granted you do have a new quesiton here, but it doesn't make things any easier if keep creating new posts asking the same question about redistributable EXEs.

Why not go back and respond to the replies that have already been entered about this topic?!?!?!
user posted image