This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

BDE merge module, unknown problem ?

2 replies to this topic

JTrippe

JTrippe
  • Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 23 January 2002 - 15:50

Hi,
I am installing an system service, which uses BDE functionality (using BDE 5.1.1 Merge Module).
If I start the service during installation with msi standard action, BDE access fails. Starting the service manually after installation, BDE access works fine.

Reason:
Looking into BDE merge module with Orca shows that BDE merge module does its last custom action always after InstallFinalize standard action. So BDE is not completely installed, when I start my service. On the other hand I can not schedule the StartService standard action behind this.

My workaround:
Starting the system service with a custom action, which is scheduled after the last BDE custom action. My custom action is an InstallScript to start my system service.

This is the only reason to include the script engine.
Does someone have another solution ?

Regards

Kurt Schneider

Kurt Schneider
  • Members
  • 98 posts

Posted 23 January 2002 - 18:28

Greetings,

If you have a resource that can build you a Windows Installer DLL to start the service via a custom action you could avoid the need to install the Script Engine.

Kurt Schneider

JTrippe

JTrippe
  • Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 24 January 2002 - 11:27

Kurt,

thank you for your answer. But I will leave it as it is, because it is easier for me and it works already.

Regards