This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

Diverging InstallScript

2 replies to this topic

grumpy_mcclure

grumpy_mcclure
  • Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 10 August 2004 - 20:40

OK, I'm new to IS Developer 8, and it's been "many a'moon" since I used IS Developer 7. I am attempting an InstallScript MSI project which encompasses 2 different setup types.

I've prepared everything except the script, and I'm stuck on that piece. The basic layout is this (from the user perspective):

Start the setup, bring up the Welcome screen. Once the setup is advanced using Next, I want to show a custom window which will prompt the user to choose from 2 different setup types. Each setup installs nearly the same files (only 1 component set differs between the 2). Can't figure it out! Please Help!

If anyone willing to reply needs more info, just contact me and I'll fill in any gaps. THANK YOU!!!

Glytzhkof

Glytzhkof
  • Moderators
  • 1,447 posts

Posted 11 August 2004 - 10:04

I often find that minimal changes such as this is best to implement in the application that will then dynamically enable or disable features based on the license key entered.

However, if you need to do this in the setup it should be possible to do using a property assigned to a radio box. The value of this property can then be used to condition the install of the files / components that differs between your two setups.
Regards
-Stein Åsmul

grumpy_mcclure

grumpy_mcclure
  • Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 13 August 2004 - 13:41

Thanks glytz,

I appreciate the quick post the other day. I changed the project layout a little bit and found a few workarounds for the initial problem. I have yet another issue (you'll see another post with my name), but all-in-all I'm slowly working through them. If you have any insight into the other problem, I would be grateful of any help you can offer.