This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

Uninstall problem

1 reply to this topic

Amol_MSI

Amol_MSI
  • Full Members
  • 26 posts

Posted 26 December 2007 - 10:02

I have generated an MSI that uses an exe for installation and uninstallation of the product. I am using WiX for this. The msi is just allowinng the user to choose the destination folder and then it copies the rquired files over there. Then the msi calls the exe for rest of the tasks. I have disabled "RegisterProduct" and similar actions in the MSI because all these things are done by the exe that I am using. That exe itself adds en entry in the Add/Remove programs. When this product is uninstalled, this exe is invoked again. I am facing a problem during uninstallation. The exe checks for files in use before uninstallation, and gives error dialog for the files in use. It is showing some dlls in the files in use list. I made sure that no application is running while uninstallation, but still I am getting that error. I think that this problem is being caused by msi. Can anyone please help me in resolving this?
Thanks in advance.

Zweitze

Zweitze
  • Full Members
  • 522 posts

Posted 27 December 2007 - 10:09

Sysinternals has a utility called "Process Explorer" which is similar to the Windows Task Manager in Windows NT and higher. One of its features is that it shows all modules used by a process, and a search function finding which processes have a certain file in use.

Check it out if you have no clue why a certain file is in use.