This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

Office 2000 type dialogs

3 replies to this topic

BRY

BRY
  • Members
  • 44 posts

Posted 15 February 2002 - 11:36

Hi there,

my company has only just started using InstallShield Developer for its installations.

I was wondering if anyone knew how to get dialogs (especially the feature tree) like the ones in the Office 2000 installation?

We need to be able to "grey-out" main features if only some of the sub-features have been installed etc.

I have deinitely seen other installations (not just the Office one) that use the same type of dialog style.
Is there a template available?

Sorry if this is a repeat of a previous question, or if some of you have answered this a thousand times before, but I have only just registered to this forum, and I haven't had a chance to read all of the messages yet...

Thanks,

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 15 February 2002 - 21:53

This dialog is only available in Basic MSI project type, not in Standard projects. It is called CustomSetup

BRY

BRY
  • Members
  • 44 posts

Posted 18 February 2002 - 16:50

Thanks, that's really helpful.
That is exactly the type of feature tree I was looking for.

However, is there anyway to get the same type of tree in a Standard project dialog?

I see there is a function to export dialogs to another project. I have tried this and it seems to transfer the dialog correctly, but there is no connection between it and my features. All I get is a blank white space where the tree should be.

How can I tie this feature tree to my features?
Is there a scripting way to do it?

I really need to have the scripting power of a Standard project, but the feature tree from the Basic project.

Any help?
Thanks.

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 18 February 2002 - 19:33

No, there isn't. The feature tree in a BasicMSI project is driven internally by the MSI engine. The InstalLScript dialogs run outside the MSI engine and are driven by scripts and the InstallScript engine. So you would have to write a script to populate the tree etc.
Maybe you can use a BasicMSI project, and use some custom actions written in InstallScript for the advanced stuff.
BTW a MSI-like featrue tree dialog in Standard projects has been submitted as a feature request to InstallShield some time ago. You can do the same at http://www.installshield.com/feedback/. This may give it a higher priority.