This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

IS setup.exe with MSIs in two languages

3 replies to this topic

hrms

hrms
  • Full Members
  • 25 posts

Posted 19 July 2010 - 16:19

If have an umbrella/main/frame setup.exe (a pure InstallScript project) that (after showing the user some dialogs) launches several MSI packages. As the setup has to support two different languages I have for every MSI package a pair of MST files. Now my question: How can I package/Where can I put the MST files? As IS names them just <language ID>.mst they have the same name for every MSI and when I just put them into the normal support files only one pair can be there as they all have the same name. Can I put them in different folders in the support files so they're all bundled in a distinct folder into the setup.exe (not in a disk as with 'advanced files'!) or can I nest them into the MSIs and when launching the MSIs specify which language to use?

Any help on this issue is very much appreciated.

If you could a detailed example in addition to a hint which method to use I would be very thankful!

Taco Bell

Taco Bell

IS6 Expert

• Moderators
  • 1,281 posts

Posted 20 July 2010 - 13:56

You can name & place the MST files wherever you'd like as you'll be passing the full filename as a part of the MSI's command line arguments.
user posted image

hrms

hrms
  • Full Members
  • 25 posts

Posted 20 July 2010 - 14:03

The problem is that I have to put the different MST files with either non-default names (IS simply creates files using the schema <language ID.mst>, any way to change that?) or in different sub-folders in the setup.exe InstallScript project. This is the problem and not the launching of the MSI packages. I need to put several MST files for the same language for different MSI packages into my setup.exe. How do I do that?

Taco Bell

Taco Bell

IS6 Expert

• Moderators
  • 1,281 posts

Posted 21 July 2010 - 14:33

I didn't know what you were using to generate the MST files, but I would simply copy each of the generated transforms to the desired location and rename them accordingly to make them unique.
user posted image