This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

Conditioning a nested installation

4 replies to this topic

TAL

TAL
  • Members
  • 77 posts

Posted 28 November 2001 - 09:10

What condition can I use to a certain msi file, that I also run as a nested one?.
I would like to do certain things only if the msi runs not as a nested. Any Ideas?

pdriley

pdriley
  • Members
  • 91 posts

Posted 28 November 2001 - 13:58

Use a commandline property.

For example whenever calling it internally (assuming you use a custom action base 7), add to your Target field (or command line) "NESTED=True", then inside the MSI you can use the condition NESTED=True to proove that it is nested.

TAL

TAL
  • Members
  • 77 posts

Posted 29 November 2001 - 09:13

Thanks for that, but i am using CA 23, and it is not working, and suggestions?

pdriley

pdriley
  • Members
  • 91 posts

Posted 29 November 2001 - 12:50

CA23 is still base 7 (7+16, where 16 is "Installed with Product" rather than "Included in Binary Table").

I can't think of a possible reason why this wouldn't work.  Can you give any more information?

It's probably worth noting (which I forgot to do yesterday) that the property must be entirely UPPER CASE.

TAL

TAL
  • Members
  • 77 posts

Posted 29 November 2001 - 15:15

Paul,
thanks for your help!!. what i am trying to do is the following - i am running a nested installation, and i would like that the nested installation would be installed where the "parent" is. Currently, when i'm running a nested, and i choose to install the "parent" on, let's say, c:\xxxx, the nested installation is being installed on the defult path, i.e., c:\program files\yyy
so i would like to prevent having them on 2 different places on tree.

i could not find a solution for that. i took your suggestion, and in custom action 23 as the target i set a property NESTED=TRUE
and on the nested i used the condition NOT NESTED=TRUE
nothing happened :-)
do you have a better soultion for that?, i mean for finding the place that the parent would be installed, and install there the nested installation/.

Thanks.