This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

Creating a dialog with my company logo on it

4 replies to this topic

kris

kris
  • Members
  • 77 posts

Posted 10 August 2001 - 20:55

Is the best way for me to get my own company logo on any dialog box (which would replace the blue one with the white computer on it that is the default)  to create my own bitmap file with my logo in it, make it the same size as the one I want to replace, and link the "filename" property to this new bitmap? Or is there a better way?  

(Excuse the simplicity of this question,  I have been working with ISP WI 2.03 for 5 days!)
kris

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 10 August 2001 - 21:54

Yes, that's the suggested method. If you are using IPWI note that the path to the logo is stored in the string table, so you could perform a search/replace operation to change the path for all dialogs automatically.

If you want to have your company logo in ALL setup projects, you could replace InstallShield bitmap file with yours.

kris

kris
  • Members
  • 77 posts

Posted 13 August 2001 - 14:37

Thanks, Stefan!  I'll do that!  

bernadettefearon

bernadettefearon
  • Members
  • 94 posts

Posted 03 September 2001 - 10:01

Ji
I just wondered how I can replace the installshield bitmap with my company logo? Where do they Keep it?
thanks
Berni

kris

kris
  • Members
  • 77 posts

Posted 04 September 2001 - 18:49

They put it in Program Files\InstallShield\Professional - Windows Installer Edition\Redist\Language Independent\OS Independent\ISDialogBanner.ibd and ISDialogBitmap.idb (assuming you installed IS in the default directory)

kris