This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

IS 5.5 Multiple Files in Installation

2 replies to this topic

cyberdelic

cyberdelic
  • Full Members
  • 34 posts

Posted 05 November 2002 - 13:31

In my IS installation I have 2 components included, each component points to a seperate filegroup. In these 2 filegroups are static links to some identical files, Filegroup 1 includes TEST.DLL and Filegroup 2 includes TEST.DLL (same File and same path).
Installshield now integrates TEST.DLL twice, so it uses more diskspace. Is there a way to tell Installshield that it should only integrate this file ONCE ???
Thanks alot

Blake Miller Wonder

Blake Miller Wonder
  • Members
  • 121 posts

Posted 05 November 2002 - 23:08

Some ideas...

1. Make a third file group and put all common files into it and link both components to that file group.

OR...

2. Make a third hidden component and assign a new file group containing the common files to the new component.  Make the hidden component always enabled (selected).

Then your files are only in it once.

I personally favor the second option, becasue if you migrate to IS 6.X or IS 7.X, then you can make this hidden third component a dependent of both your other components (maybe you can do this in IS 5.X, but I don't remember.).
Blake Miller @ Wonderware

cyberdelic

cyberdelic
  • Full Members
  • 34 posts

Posted 06 November 2002 - 09:56

Thanks for your help, that works fine :)