This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

Copy file to a feature path

3 replies to this topic

Angua

Angua
  • Full Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 03 April 2009 - 06:45

Hi,

I have a number of features that the user can install. On two of those features I want to copy a file to the location of the installation.
I have looked at TARGETDIR but I am not able to understand how it works. It dosn't give me the full path.

Please any help is appreciated.

Thank you.

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 03 April 2009 - 12:49

Try INSTALLDIR instead.

Angua

Angua
  • Full Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 03 April 2009 - 13:33

Thank you I did but, the INSTALLDIR gives me the same value (in this case C:\Program files) as TARGETDIR. What I am after is the path to one of the features.
When I added the feature in Setup Design, I also added the name for a folder where I want the program to be installed. This is something that the person using the installation program will be able to change if they go with the custom setup.
So how do I find that path?

Thanks again.

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 03 April 2009 - 14:26

Go to the Components view. Find one of the components that get installed in the directory you want. Look at the Destination setting of that component. In addition to the path it should have an identifier in curly brackets like {SUBDIR1}. SUBDIR1 would be the property representing the directory you want.

Alternatively, generate a verbose log file of your install. At the end of the log it will dump all property values. Pick the one you need.