This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

Changing Security Permissions

8 replies to this topic

mouy

mouy
  • Members
  • 56 posts

Posted 04 March 2003 - 01:45

Hi,
Does anyone know how to change a security permission on a folder so that all users can use it.
This is for Win 2k and Win XP.
The folder gets installed with administrator and when logged on as a power user, the folder does not have write access.

Thank you for the help.

Taco Bell

Taco Bell

IS6 Expert

• Moderators
  • 1,281 posts

Posted 04 March 2003 - 02:08

I just asked this same question for a file, so check out that post.
user posted image

mouy

mouy
  • Members
  • 56 posts

Posted 04 March 2003 - 03:04

Hi TACO,
I looked at the calcs, theres an Xcalcs one
but I dont want to install additional software.
any other way?

Taco Bell

Taco Bell

IS6 Expert

• Moderators
  • 1,281 posts

Posted 04 March 2003 - 05:00

I don't know, if I did I wouldn't have posted that question in the first place. :D

'cause I looked some other way before doing that, but couldn't find anything.

I've also been too busy with another project/release to look into this any further since hearing back.

user posted image

Jemoo

Jemoo
  • Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 15 March 2003 - 17:37

perggh.. i did try the calcs "..my folder.. "  /T /E /G users:C
result BUILTIN\USERS:C
My programs still does not want to auto start up in Normal user. And it does not want to run too. Unless i click RUN as... power user....

Any ideas?

Taco Bell

Taco Bell

IS6 Expert

• Moderators
  • 1,281 posts

Posted 16 March 2003 - 02:21

Quote (Jemoo @ Mar. 15 2003,11:37)
perggh.. i did try the calcs "..my folder.. "  /T /E /G users:C
result BUILTIN\USERS:C
My programs still does not want to auto start up in Normal user. And it does not want to run too. Unless i click RUN as... power user....

Any ideas?

There's lots of things it could be like a system file or a registry key.  I'd suggest getting FileMon and/or RegMon from Sysinternals, and going from there.

Good luck.

user posted image

Jemoo

Jemoo
  • Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 16 March 2003 - 06:39

i dun think this cacls command solved the problem..
messenger has the same user permission as my application folder. same goes to adobe acrobat.. yet they are succesful to run from a limited account in winodws XP.

i think this must be registry problem.. some twist and twik should solved it.. anyone out there has the solution?

Thank you... my taco..and all! :D

Taco Bell

Taco Bell

IS6 Expert

• Moderators
  • 1,281 posts

Posted 16 March 2003 - 07:34

Quote (Jemoo @ Mar. 16 2003,00:39)
i dun think this cacls command solved the problem..
messenger has the same user permission as my application folder. same goes to adobe acrobat.. yet they are succesful to run from a limited account in winodws XP.

i think this must be registry problem.. some twist and twik should solved it.. anyone out there has the solution?

Thank you... my taco..and all! :D

The solution is specific to your application, so we can only offer general suggestions.  We can't solve your problem for you.  You also can't compare it to Messenger or Acrobat!!!

By the way, what the heck is a "twist and twik"?
user posted image

Jemoo

Jemoo
  • Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 17 March 2003 - 02:07

TacoBell00,

found out that regini.exe is the solution of my problem.
In windows XP, one of my team mate did some checking on the XP registry. Thus limited account user can't neither access the registry nor run the program.

Thank u TacoBell00 and all
and i call it as twist and tweak in the registry  :)